Thursday, October 27, 2011

I live on

In the dark of the night,
Weak, helpless and cornered,
They destroyed my link to mortality.
My umbilical cord with life.

Hopeless, senseless and defenceless,
Blind, muted and hungry,
They left me lying in the mud,
For the creatures of the night to claim me.

But God had other plans.
I live on, fostered by creatures of a different kin,
Tended by loving arms and gentle words,
I open my eyes and see the world through theirs.

I know they want me to forget.
I know they try to make up for it,
For the warmth and belonging I will never have,
I know they are worried about me,
How I will survive.

But I live on.
Walking on strengthening feet I search,
See every loving face and still not find,
What should have been my birthright.

3 comments:

Sujatha Sathya said...

this is very moving
left in the night to be claimed by the night creatures is a disturbing thought

i had visited your other blog As you write & commented on the post there. then realized its dated 2009 !

Suvi said...

thank you.. Yeah the other one is an almost-dead office blog by a group of bibliophiles.

LeoPaw said...

Very deep and touching.